CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Relaxed!

I am relaxed! This is the result of taking the last two weeks off of work. I was done at Range Oil Company on January 16 and I decided I needed some time off before I start work at Grant Thornton on February 2. I also decided that this time off was not meant to clean my house inside out or do lots of chores. This time was needed for me to de-stress, relax and be ready to start my new job with a positive and restful attitude. Here are some of the things I've done:

  • FUN, long weekend with Brian, Kim, Aubrey & Abby in Kansas City
  • Ability to be home and watch Inauguration coverage at home (AWESOME!)
  • Lunch with Emily at her school (I took Wendy's and she was SO excited!)
  • Lunch or breakfast with 5 great friends at separate times (wish I would have had time for more!) - this means I now need to do a lot of exercising!!!
  • Several relaxing days with my mom here at our house
  • A great SKM annual meeting in Emporia
  • Friends to our house for dinner
  • Shopping several times
  • An entire day of scrapbooking and watching 2 movies all by myself
  • A haircut
  • Several little things accomplished on my to-do list
  • Cropping photos from the last 6 months - not completely done but at least started
  • A day with Chase and driving to Hutch to have lunch with Chad and see his new office
  • Dinner with Chad's parents at our home
  • Dinner out with my dad and a BC basketball game (TONIGHT!)

It seems like there is a lot on this list, but as always, there is more I'd like to do. Thank you to everyone who I was able to spend time with. It's been so nice to do some things at a more leisurely pace. But now....it's time to kick it in high gear and start working again!

Here's a picture of Chad in his new office....it's going well so far and he actually enjoys the drive! I met some people yesterday and they are all very nice. YEAH!

Happy Saturday!

1 comments:

Sommer's said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your two weeks! You got so much FUN stuff done...good for you! We will be thinking about you this week as you start your new job. Chad you look great behind that desk! Glad your new job is going well!