CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween

We had a beautiful Halloween in Wichita, KS! We have been blessed with unseasonably warm weather this week, but I'll take it anyday! The kids had fun pumpkin carving. Emily has always shyed away from touching the slimy seeds, but she really got into it this year. They both had a ball. Chase picked the mouth for our design and Emily picked the eyes and nose.


Our glowing creation................




We were the Wizard of Oz this year, so here is the candy Dorothy got!

And our little Tin Man.........




I really enjoy making their costumes the best I can. It feels more special than just buying something at the store. I'm sure this will change either by vote of the children, or me just not having time, but I like to do it when I can.

Aren't they cute? They got lots of compliments on their outfits while trick-or-treating.


We set out about 6:45pm and got home just before 8:00 pm. It was a great night to be out and the kids had so much fun. We had fun catching up with some neighbor friends after the kiddos were in bed. Happy Halloween (now All Saints Day since it is Nov 1) to everyone!

2 comments:

Stephanie @ Ralphcrew said...

Great costumes! I love homemade costumes the best. I made Rose's dress this year. It's the first time I have ever hemmed ANYTHING!Pop over to www.ralphcrew.blogspot.com to see our Halloween fun.

Sommer's said...

Dorothy and Tin Man--looks like you enjoyed your night of Halloween fun! Eat a piece of candy for me!