CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 15, 2008

A Surprise!

Do you like surprises? Well, I love to give surprises!! Last Wednesday I started to think that it sure would be nice to see my niece's Christmas program. So I had the crazy idea that the kids and I would drive up to KC on Sunday afternoon, go to the program on Monday and drive back. SO....Sunday afternoon, Chase, Emily, my mom and I packed into the car and started driving. The kids did FABULOUS on the drive (both up and back).....


Mom and I are ready to drive.......

I love to surprise....but sometimes the surprisee isn't always enthused. But when we were standing at Brian & Kim's doorstep, this is the reaction I got: "What are you guys doing here?" After the initial shock, we were welcomed with open arms and they even cancelled their dinner plans to hang out with us!


Aubrey was across the street playing at her friend's house so Brian went to get her and made her keep her eyes closed......she was a little puzzled when she saw us, but still gave us hugs. Abby was awoken from a nap to see us....BUT, it didn't take long for everyone to get into the groove of being together and having fun. Grandma and Abby are having fun playing together while the "big kids" are somewhere.......



OH....here they are....making a mess and being silly!



I was so happy to see my nieces....I hadn't seen them since September and Abby had changed quite a bit. She sat right down with me and played. She is so much fun.


We played, ate, visited and had advent devotions together. We tried to stay inside and be warm!

On Monday morning, we got to watch Aubrey's Christmas program at her church preschool. She was the angel Gabriel and had her own line. She had been practicing it for me on the phone, and she proved to do a great job.....announcing to Mary that she would have a baby and in a very nice big voice. Aubrey also did a great job singing all the songs. I love preschool programs.

Emily and Chase pose with their angel!

The travelers with the little girls!

We had such a fun little trip. Thanks for your hospitality Sommer's, and Aubrey, we were so happy to watch your Christmas play and once again hear the message about Jesus' birth. We love and miss you lots! Remember, only 11 more wake-ups!

2 comments:

Sommer's said...

We love giving surprises also but were very grateful to be the surprisee in this instance! Watch out your turn to be the surprisee next!!! Thanks again for the visit and special memories.

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the surprise...it was a lot of fun to have you here. - Brian