CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Holiday Baking

I love holiday baking. It's one of my favorite things about Christmas. And the kids are starting to really enjoy it too....especially when they find out if they help, they get to share in the results!! In our devotion this evening, we talked about sharing Christmas treats with others during the holidays, but that we can share God's love with others all year long. What a blessing that we are reminded to share the message with others around us.

Emily loves to measure. She is helping to get the mixture ready for the party mix.

Chase was in charge of measuring the cereal, pretzels and nuts.

We also spent a night making peppernuts. Chase stuck with it for quite awhile and we actually got an entire batch done in one hour!


Emily loved helping also and tried to race getting her snakes cut before getting more!
Ready, set, bake!

I plan to do some more baking this week, but so far we've made: Chex mix, white chocolate pretzels, peppernuts and pumpkin bread. The only sad part about baking is I always have to sample.......I hope it doesn't cost me too many pounds!!