CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Psalm 24

"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it." Psalm 24:1

This was the Bible verse for the kids' devotions tonight.....and boy was this hard to understand. The children had a hard time understanding that everything we have is God's and is just on loan to us while we are here and that God wants us to use the things He gives us to help other people. Emily said, "No, it's mine!" And Chase said, "But Santa gave me that car for Christmas!" How hard it is to understand....I sometimes have a hard time remembering these things myself and get off track, so it's a wonderful reminder to me as a mother to "get back to the basics" as I try to teach my children God's word. We'll have to keep working on using our "things" to help others, to enjoy them fully and take care of them very well!

0 comments: