CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Summer Day

We've had a full, fun day! Chase started the day at daycare, Emily spent the night with a friend and I was at work! I picked both of them up before lunch and gave them a sandwich in the van. We then drove to a local theatre that has free kids' movies during the summer. We had looked at the list at the beginning of summer and this weeks movie, Surf's Up, was the choice. We got to the theatre 20 minutes before opening and got settled in with our popcorn and drinks. The movie was very cute, but after Emily's popcorn was gone, she was asking when the movie would be over and Chase was laying on my shoulder.....he was ready for a nap. Oh well....it was fun anyway.
After the movie we were off to get haircuts! Emily once again looks adorable with her made famous by Victoria Beckham haircut! She wanted it shorter last month and wanted it like mine. I wasn't so sure but she insisted. I loved it afterward and complimented her A LOT and she looked at me and said, "Mom, see? I told you it would be cute!" Guess she told me! Anyway, we ran a few errands before and after haircuts and both of the kids had done really well while we were shopping, so we got McDonald's as our treat for supper! When we got home, they were full of energy so we went to the pool and they swam hard for over an hour. Needless to say, when I put them in bed, it didn't take more than 2 minutes for them to fall asleep.

What a great summer day! Not sure I'm ready for school to start, but only 3 more weeks to go!

1 comments:

Sommer's said...

How fun to spend the day together and do some special things. Emily, I can't wait to see your updated do again.